Hey people! My apologies for the hiatus this past month. I know that the second rule of blogging is to never apologize for not writing (the first obviously being never post your diary online). But screw it, I’m going to apologize anyways. It’s too late, and no one can stop me.
In defense of my laziness, I have three very good excuses:
- I work two jobs
Yes! I’m a big girl now, with a big girl job, and the pencil skirts to go along with it. But alas, I still have the movie theater job on the weekend. The last day off I had was Christmas Day. It’s a marvel that I manage to see any of my friends, let alone sleep.
- It was the holidays
Lame excuse, I know, but regardless I’m using it. The excitement of the holidays threw my world into a frenzy. It was wonderful, I saw lovely people, and received great gifts (sans the book of psalms that I’m trying to not be bitter about).
- I’m trapped at my parents house until July Twenty-three years old, college graduate, work two jobs, DJ when I can, and yet I’m back in my high school bedroom surrounded by all the articles of Sarah’s past. That is until my future roommates lease runs out and I’m able to move.
Living in my old room zaps away my creativity. Normally I live in a world of narration, plot planning, and characterizing every person I see. But something about my parents house turns my mind to mush, my plots to pointless, and my characters to unbelievable. It’s unfortunate, but alas, true.
Though, now that I’ve started typing, I feel like me again.
So I guess I’ll do some belated new year’s resolutions:
- Post here at least five times a month (min).
- Start my nightmare novel.
- Write a literal account of The 12 Days of Christmas before the arrival of the 2013 holidays
- Get better at footwork when dancing.
- Buy a new laptop and practice DJing for club music.
- Get a Nexus pass